HAWK:AI is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer with a focus on Cloud Engineering, for establishing HAWK:AI’s US operation.
Your roleYou will continue to build and shape the operation of HAWK:AI’s cloud-based and AI-driven Anti-Money-Laundering platform. You will also be the seed of our technical operation in the US. We operate and believe in DevOps and “Infrastructure as code” – and you will take this to the next level. You are hands-on and will ensure the scalability of the platform for our fast-growing number of customers based on a deeply embraced DevOps mindset where automation is the only way of being always-on.
- Drive technical and architectural design decisions and maintain our highly automated environments for our cloud, big data and AI systems using our "Infrastructure-as-Code" approach
- Close cooperation with other teams around the globe, including requirements engineering and support
- Be able to develop and communicate technical documentation of existing and new cloud architectures with the team
- Architect and define solutions that ensure the availability, capacity, performance, and security of our services
- Participate in setting up and operating a fast-growing number of environments in the AWS cloud on several managed Kubernetes clusters
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure standards, policies, processes and procedures from Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Maintain as well as monitor our distributed and fault-tolerant cloud and containerized service components and technologies.
- Enhanced knowledge of Linux system administration, containerization, Kubernetes, Terraform and at least one common Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in database administration as well as big data systems (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, S3, Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge in programming and streaming technologies like Apache Kafka is a plus
- Good knowledge in IT-security to harden our infrastructure and services (OAuth, RBACs, IAM)
- Knowledge in building and developing state-of-art CI / CD pipelines
- Ideally knowledge in dealing with Elastic Stack, Prometheus, CloudWatch as well as Grafana for monitoring and alerting
- Excellent analytical skills in decision making, with the ability to speak in both business and technical terms
- Collaborative, team focus with experience working in a 24x7 uptime environment with an on-call component
- You will be working with cutting edge technologies in a fast-growing business together with awesome people from around the globe
- Not a number in a large company - the human factor is important to us. Personal training, flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas to further improve our platform are firmly anchored in our start-up philosophy
- Working on interesting international projects together with large players in the financial business, often as one of the first in the industry
- Pursuing a valuable vision: Fighting financial crime. Money Laundering is one of the most pressing burdens to global society and cost us 2.7% of global GDP annually. Doing good is in our DNA
The role is based in Atlanta. HAWK:AI provides competitive remuneration and benefits. Thank you for considering joining HAWK:AI. We cannot wait to learn more about you! Please send your application to email@example.com.